In 2020 with the advancement in technology and the growth in the field of mobile photography and social media, we look for a good quality and of course best camera phone and get confused in doing so. In the last couple of years, many companies have come up with smartphones solely focused on cameras. With the advancement in cameras now mobile come with cameras having up to 108-megapixel cameras and social media gaining success exponentially and also many influencers gaining their path in these platforms having a mobile phone with a great camera has become a necessity.
All the major companies have their complete focus on improving the quality of the cameras, to come up with the best camera phone.
Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 pro and iPhone 11 pro max we have seen the great development in the field of cameras as the cameras with the new triple camera setup and advanced software and new enhanced night mode and portrait mode photography have garnered its position in the race of being one of the best camera phones.
Google has brought its latest pixel 4 phones in the market thus increasing the bar for all the upcoming camera focused smartphones with features like Astral photography and special night mode along with great and also introducing a second camera with a zoom lens.
As many phones have been announced in the last year with some great features and camera quality here, we are with 10 Best Camera Phone in 2020.
Before starting the list we would like to provide a disclaimer that the provided list does not contain any sponsored or biased products and the list is made complete after analyzing the features and requirements of a phone.
List of best camera phones
So, we starting the list of best camera phone with a flagship smartphone from the house of Xiaomi. Xiaomi is one of the mobile phone manufactures based in china that expertise’s in bringing the many good features at a very low price especially in the Indian market, Similarly, the Mi Note 10 brings great camera features to the market it brings a quad-camera setup with
- 108Megapixel main camera with 12Megapixel f/2.0 + 5Megapixel f/2.0 Telephoto lens a 20Megapixel f/2.2 Ultra-wide lens and also a 2Megapixel f/2.4 Macro lens with Optical Image Stabilization with 32MegaPixel front camera
- With the best video quality of 4K 30 frames per second, it comes with a 128GB storage and cannot be extended.
- Since its a small sensor for such a big megapixel value, the pixel compression may be very high hence increasing the pixel density and making the image much sharper than any normal mobile camera.
In 2019 Apple launched the new iPhone 11 series smartphones which had great features and upgrades as compared to the last launch which is very obvious from Apple, However, this time camera on the iPhones was the center of discussion for many as it marks the first of Apples to come up with triple camera setup. Many critics did not like the look of the phone but the camera quality did quit down many of them. The new Apple comes with
- The standard 12Megapixel f/1.8 Main camera along with a 12Megapixel f/2.0 Telephoto lens also holding a 12Megapixel f/2.4 ultra-wide lens.
- To make the images sharp even in motion they also pack built-in optical image stabilization with the 12Megapixel front camera. It also allows the recording at a maximum of 4K video quality with 60 frames per second.
- Coming to the storage of the phone does not allow you to add an external memory card rather comes in three memory options 64GB, 256GB and 512GB allowing the consumers to choose the required one for them.
- Apart from this, it comes with a 5.8″ HDR10 display that can glow up to 800 nits thus proving to be a good photography gear if shooting or capturing in heavy sunlight as 800 nits will make the screen easier to view even in the shining sun, powered by the latest Apple in house A13 Bionic Chipset.
Launched in March of 2019 Huawei P30 Pro has proven to be one of the best camera phones in 2019 and continues its legacy in 2020. Comparing its camera capabilities its beast and has been claimed by many to capture the best photos you can from a mobile phone camera. Now as we speak of the marvelous phone it is here are some stats.
- It holds a 40Megapixel f/1.6 Main camera along with 8Megapixel f/3.4 telephoto lens and a 20Megapixel f/2.2 Ultra-wide lens also packing ToF camera that uses a special laser to capture the depth similar to that of the bats thus proving to be a good phone for the depth effect and portrait modes.
- It harnesses a 32Megapixel front camera and also provides features like maximum video quality up to 4K with 30 frames per second and 5X optical zoom on the 20Megapixel Ultrawide lens, but similarly to Apple, it does not any external memory card and comes in two storage options 128GB and 512GB.
- It has a stunning 6.47″ OLED display with HiSilicon Kirin 980 processor and 8 cores, it may however not be available for the American market.
Being the manufactures of the camera sensors for many phone companies in the market it obvious that Samsung would have to in this list. Launched in August of 2019 a flagship phone Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus is one of the best phones in the market for having the best camera phone it houses
- 12Megapixel f/1.5-2.4 Main camera also harnessing with 12Megapixel f/1.2 Telephoto lens and also a 16Megapixel f/2.2 Ultra-wide lens with an inbuilt Optical Image Stabilization and provides
- Maximum video quality of 4K 60 frames per second and 12Megapixel. It allows the benefit of adding a micro SD card and also comes in 64GB, 128GB, and 512GB memory variant.
- To top it all up they also bundled the new imaging algorithm a dedicated night mode and live focus features as well thus may help the ones who want to vlog using their phones. It comes with an Exynos 9285 octa-core processor.
Carrying on the legacy of Samsung flagships we have Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus very similar to the Galaxy Note 10 plus however with smaller manageable size and form factor it also packs
- A stunning 12Megapixel f/1.5-2.4, with 12Megapixel f/2.4 Telephoto lens and 16Megapixel f/2.2 Ultra-wide lens the magic comes in the front camera with 10Megapixel Main camera and an 8Megapixel Depth sensing camera to give the best quality portrait shots making it one of the best camera phone out in the market.
- It has a maximum video recording capacity of 4K with 60 frames per second and available in three memory variants 128GB, 512GB and 1TB also allowing expansion of memory using the Micro SD card.
A rather new name in the smartphone industry Oppo is one of the manufactures that solely manufacture and market their phones on the power of their camera and Oppo Reno 10X Zoom is not an exception is a camera beast with
- 48Megapixel f/1.7 Main camera along with 13Megapixel f/0.3 Telephoto lens and 8Megapixel f/2.2 Ultra-wide angle lens with Optical Image Stabilization.
- It packs a 16Megapixel front camera and allows Maximum video recording at 4K 60 frames per second. It comes in two variants 128GB and 256GB and can be expanded using Micro SD card.
- It contains some other great features like a periscope lens with a zoom strength of up to 10X in hybrid zoom.
- The front camera is packed in a shark fin design to give no notch design and has Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor.
In October 2019 OnePlus launched its 7 series phone with and one of them is OnePlus 7T Pro and have some great features along with
- 48Megapixel f/1.6 main camera with great horsepower and alongside 8Megapixel f/2.4 Telephoto lens and 16Megapixel f/1.6 Ultra-wide camera with Optical Image Stabilization with 16Megapixel front camera
- Maximum Video recording at 4K 30 frames per second comes with a 128GB memory option and can be extended using Micro SD card
Being the most famous phone after the Apple iPhone but still, Google in the 7 positions because of the absence of the Ultra-wide lens however it has some of the best algorithm and camera app Gcam being one of the most moded camera apps make pixel one of the best camera phone. It anyways it has some of the great features like
- The astral photography and best night mode on any android phone. It has 12.2Megapixel f/1.7 Main camera with 16Megapixel f/2.4 Telephoto lens and has Optical Image Stabilization.
- It has an 8Megapixel front camera with maximum video recording at 4K 30 frames per second, Similar to iPhone it does not provide the extension of memory but comes two variant 64GB and 128GB.
The most affordable among all the phones listed here but moving away from the pricing it holds some of the best cameras with quad-camera setup of
- 64Megapixel Main camera an 8Megapixel telephoto lens with 2Megapixel Ultra-wide as well as 2Megapixel Macro lens
- With a 20Megapixel front camera, however, it’s powered by the MediaTek Helio G90T octa-core processor.
10. Realme X2 Pro
Making the best use of the
- 48Megapixel Sony IMX586 sensors this is a beast of in-camera one the best camera phones out there along with the setup of 12Megapixel Ultra-wide angle lens and 8Megapixel telephoto camera on top makes it the good quality phone in the market for photography.
- It has Also 2x zoom features with a 20Megapixel front camera. It has a decent screen with a 6.36″ screen powered by Qualcomm 855+ octa-core processor.
What is the Best Camera App for Android Phones?
Getting the best camera phone is not enough editing these photos is also an important part of photography for which apps like Gcam moded for your particular phone can be used and third-party cameras like Pro camera can be used to shoot along with editing apps like Lightroom for mobile, Snapseed, and Picsart cab installed.
Editor’s Choice – Which is the Best Camera Phone in 2020?
We have brought a list of phones from the above list that we recommend for Mobile Photography and also provide a better point of view on the list if you are planning to buy a new camera smartphone.
Apple iPhone 11 pro and 11 Pro Max
Being one of the best smartphones in the market the Apple iPhone 11Pro and 11Pro Max are the best the given segment being on the expensive side this phone allows you to take some great photos, now with the latest models having three cameras iPhone 11Pro and 11Pro Max have the best algorithms and the image processing.
Apart from the image, it is also the best phone to get for video recording purposes and videography at a professional level.
Google Pixel 4
If you are not into Apple ecosystem and are more on the Android side of the mobile industry then you can go for the Google Pixel 4 as it has a great camera setup and the best image processing as other phone users generally use the modes version of the famous Gcam app on their phone to click a better image with the benefits of the algorithms used by Google.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Pro
Samsung is another big shot company mainly known for its camera quality and hence comes up as a major contender in the race of best camera smartphones provides one of the best camera hardware in the market, not only manufacturing for itself but also for other brands.
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
If you are concerned about your budget then the Xiaomi’s Mi Note 10 is your best bet with the enormous 108-megapixel camera and ToF focusing provides great sharpness and precise depth effect in portraits. Its hands down the best phone for mobile photography in a budget segment.
Conclusion: Best Camera Phone
Buying a good quality camera matters on the type photography of a person hence many find a phone much better option than that of a camera hence we have listed some best camera phone above which include:
Apple iPhone 11 pro and 11 Pro Max
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S10 Pro
OnePlus 7T Pro
Google Pixel 4
Oppo Reno 10X Zoom
Huawei P30 Pro
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Note 8 Pro
Realme X2 Pro
This is based on our views and if we have missed any of your favorites please let us know in the comments, we will definitely review your choice and if it is good then we infidelity put in the list of best camera phone in 2020.
If you want to learn more about Mobile Photography you can look forward to the following link: Master Mobile Photography in 2020