Best Photo Editing tool 2021
Photography is not just about clicking a picture,
but also about making them look perfect. It’s much more than just clicking the shutter. Here are the best photo editing tools for you, because you cannot serve unedited and blunt photos to your viewers, no matter whether you clicked them from a DSLR, a mirror less or just your handheld smartphone. Processing them post clicking is a mandatory task.
But the question here is how? The first answer popping up in your brain would be to download a tool or software and just edit your pictures. You will go to the web and start searching for the best editing software, right? And the search result gets flooded with the names of thousands of tools.
Now you randomly select one, download it, and start processing your images. But you realize that you don’t get what you were looking for. Then you will try another tool and another and another the loop keeps repeating itself. Isn’t it irritating and a total waste of time?
Don’t worry! We have got you covered. Here, we have listed Seven best photo editing tools in 2021 that will give a new life to your images. Just look at the features they provide and select one according to your needs. Here we go.
Before moving forward a disclaimer, we will not be including the famous photo editing tools like Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC, VSCO, and Google Snapseed, etc which will always remain the first choice of many photographers for editing and are easily available. The helpful tools apart from these are discussed below.
Note: The Tools we are reviewing here are our personal views and are not a part of any Promotion or Sponsorship.
Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 – Best Photo Editing Tool.
It’s a simpler alternative to PhotoShop CC, a great photo and video editing tool that can be used by anyone, whether a beginner or a professional.
It’s specially designed for the ones who don’t have much hands-on with the best photo editing tool and needs automated and easy ways to organize, edit, and share the pictures. The tool can be simply summed up as follows:
- Easy to use.
- provides a step-by-step guide for editing.
- provides automated and easy ways to organize pictures, edit, create, and print.
- Organizer for easy access from hundreds of mystery folders to a visual view of all photos, auto sorted by date, people, subjects, and more.
- powered with AI-driven automation.
- Great learning platform.
- Quick edits to make one-click fixes using a plethora of in-built tools.
- It can create and share dynamic slideshows, animated GIFs, memes, etc.
- Works with both Mac and Windows.
- It contains three modes of interfaces for a different level of users.
Though it is a very helpful and best photo editing tool for beginners, professionals can have many other options to choose from. Moreover, auto creations can’t be turned off. However, it’s a must-try for the beginners as it provides a great learning platform.
Download Photoshop Elements here.
Corel PaintShop Pro 2021: Best Photo Editing Tool.
Packed with many powerful editing features it’s hard to list them all. It helps in improving the images in countless ways. Some of the powerful features of this tool are mentioned below.
- Great adjustment tools.
- Additional tools like adjusting photos taken from 360-degree cameras, leveling these images, or producing ‘planet-like’ effects.
- Precise retouching with high precision selection and cloning tools.
- Uses multiple layers and masks to create incredible photos and graphics.
- Powerful RAW image editing.
- Works faster with batch processing and supports nearly all file formats.
- The major feature includes layers and masks, retouch and restore, draw and paint, AI driver automation, and plugin supports.
It can be used as a greater alternative or even as a replacement for PhotoShop tools in many ways. Its touchscreen compatibility has a streamlined workspace. The only throwback is its only Windows compatible.
Download Corel Paintshop pro-2020
GIMP: Best Photo Editing Tool.
GIMP is a freely distributed program that allows features such as photo retouching, image composition, and image authoring.
It is used as a paint program, a quality photo retouching program, an image format converter, an online batch processing system, and also a mass production image renderer. This tool has many amazing features:
- Free Online Photo Editor.
- Customizable interface.
- Photo enhancement using fix perspective distortion, corrective tools, channel mixer, and many other tools.
- Digital retouching using the clone tool, healing tool, perspective tool, and orthogonal tool.
- Supports almost all the file formats.
- Compatible with all platforms.
- Nice collection of both basic and advanced and best photo editing tools.
- Extensible via Python, Scheme, and other scripting languages.
It is famous for its customization, however, it doesn’t guide its usage, thus making it difficult to learn as compared to other photo editing software.
Links for GIMP
Fotor: Best Photo Editing Tool.
It provides one-click enhancements to make your photos sharp in seconds. It is a robust online photo editor for professional and recreational photographers along with creative individuals that enable them to apply filters, effects, edit images on the fly, and more. One of the most user-friendly online photo editor.
- Premium filters
- Batch image processing
- High-res export options
- It provides graphic design features.
- Allows photo collage
- Advanced beauty features
- Supports all major Operating Systems.
- JPG, PNG, and PDF formats are supported
Simple and best photo editing tool 2021, ideal for any user, from professional photographers to amateurs who just want to tweak pictures and see what they can come up with. But it provides no plugin support.
Links to Fotor
An online feature-rich photo editing tool, giving desktop apps a serious competition. If you want a quick way to fine-tune your photos or a more advanced tool for complex compositions, it’s worth trying. Also, it’s free.
- It provides the best user experience as selecting an image or entering URL is enough to begin
- Includes a selection of cutting tools – shape, lasso, drag, and magic
- Lets you tweak vibrancies, highlights, and shadows
- The extensive selection of filters arranged into categories including Colors, Retro, and Instage.
- Uses HTML5 rather than Flash; thus can run in any browser.
- stylish interface
- A comprehensive browser-based photo editor for quick results.
- Supports all major Operating Softwares.
The successor to Pixlr Editor, which was one of our favorite free online photo editors for many years has a maximum size of 3840 pixels.
Download Pixlr X
PhotoScape: Best Photo Editing Tool
A very basic, but interesting photo editing tool, in its own right, looking beyond the editing tools and play with some of the hidden gems this free program offers. It can be used for raw image conversion, batch processing, and more.
- Supports only Windows OS.
- Supports batch editing.
- Has editor Page where you can assign a page size and multiple-image layout
- The viewer allows seeing images as thumbnails in the folder
- Allows the conversion of raw files.
- It has a great library of filters.
This tool is only for beginners and does not provide solid results. Though it supports all platforms in case of file formats; only JPEG is supported.
Link to PhotoScape
Adobe Photoshop Express Editor: Best Photo Editing Tool.
The free Adobe Photoshop Express photo editing tool provides photo magic at your fingertips. It is convenient to correct lighting and exposure. The major features of this online photo editor include:
- Simple and easy to navigate
- provides a large set of basic photo editing tools
- Interacts well with other Adobe products.
- Both Paid and Free Online Photo Editor
- It does not require a good configuration, optimized for weak PCs.
- Supports only windows and ios platforms.
It does not provide professional retouching. Moreover, it only supports as large as 16 Megapixels. It also doesn’t support RAW files. This browser-based application supports only JPEG images.
Download Adobe Photoshop Express Editor here.
Before using any of these tools, first, be clear about your requirements. As an amateur, start with a tool that provides better guidance. If you are a professional, try looking for a tool with more features.
If you simply want to make a few adjustments (removing blemishes and improving colors) then a simple online tool might be perfect, doing the job well without overwhelming with extra features. On the other hand, if interested in more advanced editing then you’ll need to focus on desktop software that offers advanced tools such as layers and masks.
These were some of the Best Photo Editing tool 2021. What next?
Photo Editing Tool Online
So, now you got the list and details about some of the best photo editing tool 2021. Let’s talk about the online photo editor, which enables you to edit your photos and videos in your browser itself.
Pixlr X is the best online photo editor, you can say. It does feature-rich editing, fine-tuning of the images, and has other incredible features. In addition to that, it comes free. Let’s know the key features:
- Paid as well as Free online photo editor
- Easy selection of images, even with the URL
- Lets you upload the larger images by adjusting its size
- Offers Photoshop-style layers and different cutting tools like shape, lasso, drag, etc
- Tools are present as icons and give their description while hovering over.
- It provides features like red-eye correction, gradient, sponge tool, brush tool, and many more.
- Supports all major Operating Softwares.
It provides almost all the advanced features which one would need for editing all for free. It also provides its premium version where you get some more features.
It is quite similar to Photoshop and can be run in a browser. Though its interface is not much attractive, it lets you perform every work from simple to advanced editing. The key features are:
- Offers a huge range of file formats like JPG, PNG, PSD, GIF, PDF, etc
- It has a number of advanced editing tools
- It provides features like lens correction, different adjustment layers, liquifying tool, etc
- It also has highly customizable brushes.
- provides a one-click download feature.
- Can run on any device like mobile phone, tablets or any computer screen.
- It does not upload the edited images or any files on the web.
- It can also be used offline.
- Not a free online photo editor
Canva is a great selection for an online photo editor. It has a wide range of pre-built templates including numbers of elements, graphics, photos and font designs to use while editing and mainly used for creating stylish posts for social media platforms.
Let’s see the important features of it:
- Available paid as well as free online editor
- Includes a wide of templates for creating posts for different social media platforms
- Very easy to work with, just drag and drop elements.
- Can be used to create an image from the scratch
- It has a photo straightener tool to make the images equally lined up
- It stores the edited images for future use
- It also allows adding text to your photos
- offers features like transparency tool, adjusting saturation, brightness even the blur effect.
- provides design grids, texture effect, vignette tool, and much more.
This online photo editor provides many more interesting features which are really easy to work.
Fotor is a good choice for them who are beginners in the field. It’s a free photo editor with so many smart filters and effects for enhancing image quality. Here are the key features:
- free online photo editor
- It includes image-enhancing tools and different filters
- Supports almost all the image file formats
- It also provides raw file processing.
- It is equipped with one-click filters
- good user experience with special effects, borders, frames, and tilt-shift blurry effect.
- full HDR support and other awesome features come with the paid edition.
You may find some drawbacks of it like it does not allow creating an image from scratch, adjusting image size, etc. Also, you find so many ads with free edition which may irritate you but with the paid edition they are gone.
Get the Fotor Link
PicsArt can be used to have fun with pictures with different fun effects available in it. It provides impressive features like background cutout and replacement tools. Have a look at its key features:
- free online photo editor
- impressive auto cutout and replacement tools for the background is available
- provides gradient, texture and solid color option for replacement
- An Eraser tool is available for corrections
- Has the magic effects to apply different illustration styles
- feathered edge selection for the images, so no hard line selection
- Can save your images as JPG or PNG and also can share online
Although there are no subtle color grading or layers are present here but it’s worth trying for its various features.
Free Online Photo Editors
There are so many online photo editors are available in the market. Some are free to use while you have to pay some bucks to use. Here is the list of some free online photo editors for you-
Editor’s Recommendation- Professional Photo Editor Online
You have got all about the best photo editing tools 2021 where some were free and some paid. Now let’s talk about some online photo editor, which is really good and frequently used by most of the professional photographers.
- available in more than 25 languages
- advanced collection of editing tools
- allows managing several layer complexities
- Easy and interactive interface
- similar to Photoshop
- Layers are present to work with
- Huge range of file formate support is available
- advanced collection of editing tools
- free as well as paid accounts
- Mainly used for creating images for social media platforms
- wide range of templates are present
- various photos, elements, stickers are also available
- allows drag and drop elements feature
- paid and free elements are available
- can create an image from scratch.
Now you know about the Best Photo Editing tool 2021. Keep these points in mind and start processing your images.
If you want to learn more about Mobile photography you can look forward to the following link: Master Mobile Photography in 2021