Hello friends, Are you wondering how to block someone on Telegram when someone is constantly annoying you on the platform? If you don’t have a Telegram account then do check for our previous article on creating a Telegram Account. Today I would like to show how to block someone on Telegram account. Let us not waste time, and get into the topic.
Telegram for Android is a popular messaging app where users can share images, videos, audios, files, stickers, documents, etc. Apart from that, you can do a lot more things in Telegram. It also allows users to set up a secret chat which is encrypted end-to-end for privacy. The best thing to be noticed is that it is free to use and has no advertisements.
It provides an option Self-destruct Media in Normal Chats this option is limited to secret chat only, where you can self destruct photos, media, and chats too. Just tap on the photo or image and tap on the timer, you can choose the time after which the media will be deleted from everywhere.
Telegram supports users to transfer data, it allows file size up to 1.5 GB. Whereas other messenger apps like WhatsApp and Skype allows you to transfer only 100 MB size files at a time. It also provides customization that allows users to choose the app color, also there is a chatbot, we can make use of it or create one by yourself as per your need.
If you want to block anyone who is annoying or you have blocked someone by mistake and want to unblock the account, then go through this topic on how to block someone on Telegram thoroughly!
How to Block an account on Telegram for Android
- Open Telegram on the android device
- Open 3 lines icon on the top left corner and go to settings
- Open privacy and security option
- In the privacy settings tap blocked users and then block a user
- To block the contact on Telegram, In case the user is not available in your chats, then click the Add button on the top right corner and select the contact to be blocked. Then a confirmation box will appear and block that user.
- Then the user account will be blocked and you can see that name on the blocked user page on Telegram.
- Tap on the user name of the person on the screen
- Tap on three dots on the top right corner of the screen
- And then choose block user icon
- A confirmation box will appear to block that user
These are simple ways to block someone on telegram account.
How to Block multiple users on Telegram
To block more than one user on the Telegram, follow these steps to achieve it.
- Hold on the user for few seconds to be selected, also select all other users that you need them to be blocked
- Tap on three dots on the top right corner of the screen
- Then select block user option in that menu
- A confirmation box will appear, tap on block users to block the users
- There you will get an option to delete chats, where you have an option to delete or store the chats
How to Block someone on Telegram group
The answer to how to block someone on Telegram group is also similar to earlier ways
- Open the Telegram group and tap on the group title on top of the screen
- Where you can find info, notifications, so on. Tap on Add Member go to members
- Choose the contact that you want to block
- Tap on that contact and then tap on three dots on the top right corner, where you can see block user option and tap on that
- You will get a confirmation box to block the user, confirm it.
- Then the user name will be the blocked user’s list
How to See Blocked Users list on Telegram
To view, all the blocked user’s list on the Telegram follow these steps
- After opening the Telegram app, tap on three dots on the top-right corner of the screen
- Then tap on settings, open privacy and security service setting
- Then tap on block users icon, where you can see list of blocked users
How to Unblock someone on Telegram
Similarly for unblocking the user account there are two methods those are explained as follows:
- Open the chat of the person you want to unblock
- Tap on unblock option located on the bottom of the screen
- In case if that option is not available to the users then tap on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen
- Tap on unblock option from the menu
- Tap on three lines on the top-left corner of the screen
- From the dropdown tap on the settings icon
- Then tap on privacy and security option
- Then tap on blocked users option
- There you can see list of blocked users, you can select the user you want to unblock
- The box will appear tap on the unblock
You can continue your sharing and chat with friends as usual after unblocking their accounts.
How to know if someone has blocked you on Telegram
If anyone has blocked you on Telegram then you can know that by the following signs
- In case you cannot see their profile image, it is a sign that they have blocked you
- Also check for last seen on Telegram, if it is “last seen a long time ago” Most likely you were blocked
- If you send messages to the person, but that person doesn’t respond and it doesn’t show on your Telegram that the message was seen.
The other case is that the person may be busy talking to you there may be a chance of misunderstanding. So check it by giving the number to someone else and message that person in case if he gets a reply from that person then you were blocked.
Telegram provides a good platform for users to send and receive messages. Whoever has your Phone Number can send you a text message or the content they wish to share in case if you are annoyed by the person on the other side, now you know how to block someone on Telegram! In case if you have blocked someone by mistake then unblock them. Have a safe and secure chat. If you can make use of all the features in Telegram it will be very much useful.
To read more interesting articles like this, check them out at SocialMirror.
If you have any queries or doubts, feel free to ask me in the comments section below!