As most of the Industries are trying to flourish their businesses digitally by targeting a huge audience through social media platforms, Instagram blogging is one of the best ways to do so.
Now, if you are a novice, you might be wondering what Instagram blogging means and how to start an Instagram blog to widen your well-settled businesses or newly established SMBs(Small and Midsize Business).
So, don’t stress much, because you are at the right place, you just need to walk through those steps that I’m going to demonstrate over here on the topic – How to start an Instagram Blog?
But wait, before digging deeper into those steps, let’s have an idea about what Instagram Blogging is and how it will benefit our businesses.
What does Instagram Blogging mean?
Instagram is a social media platform, exclusively used for sharing visual contents such as pictures or videos, but you can use it as a micro-blog by scripting the post’s details in its caption if you don’t want to start your website for blogging.
Instagram blogging can be used either for personal or business purposes. It can max 2200 characters long, which is quite cramped, this is the reason why it is also called Microblogging.
Since microblog is a way of sharing the content in a concise and pretty straightforward manner, it is quite popular among the SMB’s to showcase the products or services they offer and to grab the attention of a giant audience.
Benefits Of Blogging On Instagram
As of now, we know what Instagram blogging is, let’s have a look at the benefits that you are going to get by blogging on Instagram.
- As every day huge numbers of businesses and customers are joining Instagram, it becomes easier to target the audiences that are interested in your products. And, in this world of instant-access retails, consumers also want such producers who provide a brief description of the products along with its visual content so that they can make smooth buying decisions.
- As we know targeting a large and desired audience is crucial for the success of any business. Instagram provides us with different features for targeting or retargeting the audiences. Some of these features are location, demographics, behaviors, interests, lookalike audiences, automated targeting, etc.
- Instagram allows you to use all the Visual Marketing features into your content to capture the customer’s attention before they scroll up to the next post. So, while creating content for your products, try to use larger texts, be succinct while detailing your products, avoid using cursive style texts, and create a clear and easy path for your site to limit any second-thought.
- Instagram allows retailers or producers to engage with their customers where they spend most of their time because 80% of active Instagram accounts are following at least one business.
- Creating user-generated content build trust among the customers because a customer trusts the other customer more than the businesses. So by building user-generated content businesses provide customers to see the products in their hands as they used to do while buying products offline from shops.
How To Start An Instagram Blog
As of now, you have become aware of the benefits that you’re going to get by using Instagram blogging. So, the time has come for us to know how to start an Instagram blog.
The steps for the same is described below:
Create An Account On Instagram
Well to answer how to start an Instagram blog, Creating and setting up a profile is the first thing you need to do. The only step that takes time in this process is deciding an appropriate username for your profile. However, most of the people wanna use their own full name as a username to brand themselves.
The steps for creating an Instagram account are given below:
- Download and install the Instagram App from the App Store(for iPhone users) and the Google Play Store(for Android users).
- After completing installation open the app and sign in using the email id or phone number(for Android users) and if you’re using an iPhone you just need to verify your account with the verification code sent to you on your mobile number after creating and entering the phone number for verification. You can also use your Facebook id for verification.
- After that, you have to choose the best username and unbreakable password for your account and then you have cleared your first step of how to start an Instagram blog.
Note: Keep a profile public rather than private, until and unless you want to share your blogs with your family and friends only.
Locate A Perfect Niche For Your Instagram blog
The niche is nothing but a keyword through which you can ensure your audience about what category of contents they will get if they follow you. This will help you in widening your number of followers consistently as long as you’re uploading content related to your niche category.
But the moment you post content related to sponsored ads, fitness, etc being a travel Instagram blogger, you’re not only confusing your followers but also motivating them to unsubscribe.
So, it is very important to be careful while choosing a niche for your Instagram blog. Here are some of the Instagram Blogging niche that may help you in choosing the best niche for your blog:
- Photo manipulation
- Interior Design
- Best of something you want to showcase such as the best foods in some cities, the best photos of dogs, the best nature photos, and so on.
Still, if you have any doubts about what niche to be chosen, then ask below-given questions to yourself. I’m sure you will get the best niche for your Instagram blog after asking these questions to yourself.
- What type of content my audience expects from me?
- What kind of help I can offer to my audience?
- What type of businesses do I want to associate with?
- And most importantly, what type of content I’m capable of posting consistently?
Build A Fascinating Bio With A Professional Profile Picture
Since the first thing that can attract your Instagram followers is your Profile picture and bio. So, having an awesome professional profile picture and captivating bio matching to your chosen niche is very significant.
Instagram bio space below your profile picture is an area that allows you to showcase people who are you, what you do, and what your followers will get in the future if they follow you, in just 150 characters.
But due to its 150 characters limit, writing an eye-catching bio that tailored with the niche you select and that attracts your targeted audience is a difficult task.
Post Appealing And Attractive Images
Since Instagram is a social media platform for outsourcing visual contents, so it’s crucial to upload such images that appear real and recognize as yours before they went to check for its surety.
And to sustain the cohesive and aesthetic look of your profile, you have to be consistent throughout your Instagram posts.
Start Writing Your Instagram Blog
Actually here comes the fun part, because the Instagram blog is nothing but the caption that you write below your visual contents. And this is the reason why people called it as a microblogging.
As the max length of an Instagram blog is 2200 characters, you don’t need to reach that limit every time to script a story, you can also write an influencing content in a concise manner.
But keep in mind that first and the last call-to-action(CAT) lines are very significant because while the first line is written to grab the reader’s attention, the last line is written to interact with the audience for any further engagement in the comment section. If you do these things all well and good, you are closer to the ultimate answer of how to start an Instagram blog!
Hashtags are the word or combination of words preceded by the hash(#) symbol, used to find all the relevant contents tailored with that word or phrase.
You can add hashtags on both Instagram stories as well as static posts or videos that you upload. The maximum number of hashtags that you can add to the Instagram stories is 10 whereas the number of hashtags you can add to your Instagram blog or the captions is 30.
Add Geotag To Your Posts
Adding a Geotag to your post allows your followers to see the location where the photos are actually taken and also to make them believe that you were actually present there at that location. This also helps you to gain the trust of your followers and help your viewers to collect more images of that location.
Get Engaged With Your Followers
As the actual meaning of using any social media platform is to be social or to interact with people whom you never meet, by liking or commenting on their posts or by following them.
And also from the business point of view, it is very important to connect with your audience through their content because when you communicate with them, chances are that they will develop an interest in your products and also approaches you to buy them.
Some of the ways to get engage with your large targeted audience are:
- Write comments or hit the Like buttons too on your followers’ posts.
- Follow other users who are interested in the similar products or services you offers.
- Make use of Affiliate Marketing links to let the content creators earn a commission by referring a customer to the producers.
- By creating sponsored posts for brands to get discounts, free products, or cash prizes.
The answer to the question of how to start an Instagram blog is now may be clear to you. Instagram blogs are the captions that we unknowingly write below our Instagram posts. This can max be of 2200 characters long, so it is also called Microblogging.
Benefits of Starting an Instagram blog are mentioned below:
- You will get a chance to interact with new customers and businesses that are interested in your products or services.
- You can easily target a large audience of your interest through their location, demographics, behaviors, interests, automated targeting, and so on.
- It allows you to showcase your product in a fascinating manner.
- It allows producers to engage with their mass targeted audience at the place where they spend 80% of their time.
- It also allows you to create user-generated content to gain their trust in your businesses.
As of now, you know about Instagram blogging and its benefits, it’s time to see how to start an Instagram blog. The steps for the same are mentioned below:
- Create an account on Instagram
- Locate a perfect niche for your Instagram blog
- Build a Fascinating Bio With a Professional Profile Picture
- Post or Source Appealing and Attractive Images
- Write your Instagram Blog
- Use the Relevant Blend of Hashtags
- Add Geotags to Your Posts
- Get Engage With Your Followers
I hope you guys have met these steps well and now you know how to start an Instagram blog on your own. So best of luck with your ambitions, and never quit. Always remember that consistency is the key!
If you are interested in reading more such articles, please check them out at SocialMirror.
If you have any queries regarding the contents shared above feel free to ask me in the comments section below 🙂