Hey dude, if you are a strategy-based LOL game enthusiast and spending lots of time in building a rigid profile in it, then League of Legends change password feature will be very helpful in keeping your account protected from intruders and attackers.
But before rushing towards the steps for League of Legends change password feature, let’s take an overview of this team-based 5v5 strategy League of Legends game.
League Of Legends – A Game Developed By “Riot Games”
League of Legends is an online video game developed and initially published by the Riot Games on 27th October 2009. It is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game that supports users using Microsoft Windows, Classic macOS, or macOS platforms.
The enthusiastic players of this game infer themselves as a champion with incredible powers and abilities and fight against a team of computer-controlled players or with the other players challenging the champion online in order to demolish opposing team’s Nexus.
The Nexus is a structure that lies at the heart of the base protected by the preservative structure.
The artists and developers at the Riot Games have tried to create a fictional universe of Champions having a variety of roles and a blend of fantasy tropes through the short stories, cinematics, comics, and books in League of Legends game.
League of Legends released in 2009 had only 40 Champions has now reached 148 Champions in 2020.
In this game, Champions are categorized into 6 categories based on the type of damage they deal with. The Champion’s category names are as follow:
- Marksman or AD (attack damage) Carries
- Mage or AP (ability power) Carries
- Controller or Support
We will see each one of the above categories in the next module.
League of Legends game follows the freemium model after getting inspired by the Defense Of The Ancients MOBA game.
The game League of Legends: Wild Rift, released on 15th October 2019, is an abridged version of the League of Legends multiplayer game.
League Of Legends: Champions Categories
As we have seen above there are six categories of champions in the League of Legends game. Let’s see each of them one by one.
Marksman or AD (attack damage) Carries
This category of champions has no subclass. These champions are identified as ranged auto-attackers who aim to stay in the backline, applying consistent damage, and are equipped to deal with tanks. Some examples of Marksmen are Vayne, Ashe, and Sivir.
Mage or AP (ability power) Carries
Since it has a myriad number of champions so Riot Games has further divided this category into three sub-categories: Burst Mages, Battle Mages, Artillery Mages.
- Burst Mages are the champions that can lock down and kill a single target like Lux, but struggle against tanks.
- Battle Mages are the champions that can still deal damage from range but are equipped with the ability to survive in close range fights too like Vladimir.
- Artillery Mages are the champions that can inflict high amounts of damage from far ranges but are largely immobile and lack easy access to crowd control like Xerath.
This category of champions is further sub-divided into Assassins and Skirmishers who can inflict higher and more reliable damage but have low survivability.
- Assassins are offensive-oriented champions with mobility which allow them to enter and escape a fight, like Zed.
- Skirmishers are the champions having abilities that enable them to enter a fight and then survive for a longer period of time without escaping, like Fiora.
This category of champions has two types: Vanguards and Wardens.
- Vanguards are attacking sub-category with offensive and fight initiating equipment, like Malphite.
- Wardens are a defensive sub-category with protective traits, like Braum.
This category of champions is further sub-divided into Juggernauts and Divers having high survivability.
- Juggernauts are the champions with significant damage potential but limited mobility, like Darius.
- Divers have high single-target damage, low area of effect, but are often highly mobile, like Xin Zhao.
Controllers or Support
This category of champions is divided into two types: Enchanters and Disruptors.
- Enchanters are the champions with the ability to buff allies and lockdown enemies but do very little damage to them like Lulu.
- Disruptors are the champions with the ability to slow the advance of the enemy team, thwarting their engagements, and weakening the enemy team like Anivia.
League Of Legends Change Password Steps
As we now know some facts about the multiplayer online battle arena video game League Of Legends, so let’s move towards the steps required for the League of Legends change password feature.
But before stepping towards the steps of League of Legends change password, some points that you need to keep in consideration are:
- It is important to understand that the Summoner and Username are two different names out of which Summoner is the name that is visible in the game while the username is the one that is used to login to the game. If you are facing a problem in remembering your Summoner then click on Summoner Name Guide to change it. And if you are unable to memorize your username then view the Username Recovery Guide here.
- You need to create a password having strength between Okay and Strong on the strength meter present just below the New-Password box because LOL doesn’t accept a weak password.
- For creating a Hard-to-break password you have to use at least one character and one symbol, have to avoid using space and slash. However, it can be 128 characters long, but it must be between 8 to 30 characters.
- You can’t reuse the password that has been used earlier. Whenever you will go to use the League of Legends change password feature, you have to create a new and strong password.
Different situations in which you need to change your passwords are:
When you have forgotten your password
The steps needed for using the League of Legends change password feature when you forget the password is:
- Tap here to open the League of Legends website, and then click on the Login button present in the extreme top-right corner.
- Then click on the Forget Password? option available on the login page.
- After that select the Region in which your account has been created.
- Now enter your Account Name associated with your League Of Legends profile and then click on the Submit button. This step will send you an email containing the further instructions of resetting your password, on to your email-Id associated with your League Of Legends account.
- At last, open the email and click on the link provided in it and reset your password.
That’s it your password is reset now.
When you want to change your older or weak password with a stronger and new one
The steps required for using the League of Legends change password feature in the above situation are as follow:
- Click here to log in to your League of Legends account.
- After login, tap on your Summoner name appearing at the top-right corner of the League Of Legends homepage, and from the dropdown menu select Settings option.
- Now, Riot will again ask you to enter your profile password in order to confirm, that’s you. After entering the account password click on the arrow button below.
- Now you will receive a 5-digit verification code on to your registered email address, enter that security code into the box appear on the screen and click on the arrow button again.
- After all these, the Settings page will appear with the Password Edit option on the screen, so click on that pencil icon to change your password.
- In the Change Password Page, fill the boxes with the current password, new password and repeat the new password in the Confirm Password box and then click on the Submit button.
That’s it your password is changed now.
League of Legends is a strategy-based multiplayer game in which players assume themselves as a Champion having incredible abilities and powers, fight the battle against the other players or the computer-controlled players with the motive to demolish the opponent team’s Nexus.
“League of Legends: Wild Rift” is the compressed version of League of Legends that has been released on 15th October 2019. It has been specifically developed for mobile and console.
In League of Legends, Riot has categorized the Champions into 6 different categories. These categories are Marksman (or AD (attack damage) Carries), Mage (or AP (ability power) Carries), Slayer, Tank, Fighter, and Controller (also called Support).
Some of the points that we need to consider while changing the password of League Of Legends account are:
- Avoid reusing the password.
- The password must be between 8-30 characters.
- It must contain at least one character and one symbol.
- The Summoner name is different from the Username.
The situations in which we need to change the League Of Legends password are:
- When you have forgotten your password
- When you want to change your older or weak password with a stronger and new one
And the steps for both of them are described above in detail. So, I hope you have gone through each of the steps and also understood them very well.
If you are interested in reading more such articles, please check them out at SocialMirror.
If you have any queries regarding the contents shared above feel free to ask me in the comments section below:)