In today’s world of Digitalization where everything is coming online, professional profile pictures on social media platforms such as Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram play an important role in describing your personal as well as professional life.
Having professional profile pictures on social media platforms such as Linkedin or on any job-hunting website is as influential as your experience and skills mentioned on your resume.
Most of the job recruiters spend 19% of their time analyzing the online profiles of the candidates to know more about them and their personal life and behavior apart from their professional background before hiring them.
An approachable and professional profile picture helps people in identifying you and your businesses and building trust among them towards your business.
If you are going through an online recruitment process then having a professional profile pictures on your social media platforms or on job recruitment websites helps you a lot in creating a positive impression on your recruiters.
Here I’m going to talk about some of the apps that will be helpful in creating professional profile pictures for social media platforms Like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, or any job offering websites.
Apps To Create Professional Profile Pictures
Since Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin are some of the biggest social media platforms through which your Online profile is analyzed so it is very important to have a professional profile picture on these social media platforms.
Some of the best apps for creating professional profile pictures are:
- Canva is an app which is serving the people incredibly from the time of its inception. Hence we have no doubt in saying it as the best app for creating professional profile pictures for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- It is an all-in-one app not only useful for creating professional profile pictures but can be used for creating stunning designs in your videos or photos too.
- It can be used as a logo maker, poster maker, video, or photo editor. It can also be used for creating wonderful designs for your Facebook or Instagram Highlight Cover photos, stories, and posts too.
- Due to its online presence, it is just a click away on your system’s browser and with its presence in the form of an app provides you access to it on your mobile, so you can get your design anytime, anywhere.
- This app is easiest to use for creating professional profile pictures, with 60,000 FREE templates designed by professionals.
- It is available for both Android and iOS devices along with its web presence.
Profile Picture Maker for Instagram
- Profile Picture Maker for Instagram is an iOS app used for creating stunning and professional profile pictures for Instagram that helps in maximizing your profile’s potential.
- It is developed and updated by Pixel Sheep Studios and available for installation in the Apple/iOS app store.
- This app helps you in taking the full advantages of that small circular Instagram Profile Picture space, by adding circular and horizontal text, striking borders, highly customizable filters for making amazing profile pictures.
- Its excellent user interface helps you in setting up the sliders to the finest degree with ease that allows you to tune the minute details of your image.
- It uses Real-Time Image Processing Algorithm which allows you to examine the changes instantly rather than waiting for your settings to be applied.
- It is available for iOS devices only.
- Selfie is the best way for taking remarkable and beautiful Facebook or Instagram profile pictures and Facetune2 is the best selfie editor and makeover tool that helps you in converting your selfies into professional profile pictures for Facebook or Instagram.
- The Facetune2 app is developed by Lightricks.
- It is the next generation, award-winning profile picture editor app having uncommon collections of best skin or background retouching features.
- It helps in removing blemishes or pimples, whitens the teeth, correct bad lighting, smoothens the skin, upgrades your faces by adding glitters and glamour to it, in just a few clicks.
- If you want to look different from your original photos, it will also help you in reshaping your jawline and face.
- It is available for both Android and iOS devices.
Square Shape Snap Pic
- Square Shape Snap Pic is a wonderful creator of professional profile pictures for Instagram profiles.
- It also helps in editing Insta’s Square shape photos and Pic Collage and Square Snap Pic and photo art.
- It allows you to create images of different shapes, and share them on your Instagram profile for getting more likes from your followers.
- It is the best app for creating and uploading craziest images along with text, emojis, etc on your Instagram profile.
- For creating silly and nutty images it provides you with 9 collage styles, 20 different shapes, and more than 30 filters.
- It is available for Android users only.
- Instasize is the best photo and video editing tool used for creating content for social media platforms.
- Since it offers lots of additional features such as manipulating tint and warmth, exposure and brightness, sharpness and saturation, shadows and highlights, etc along with cropping and resizing the image, so it helps in creating amazing professional profile pictures for Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Facebook profiles.
- You don’t have to be an expert photo or video editor to use this app as it is very easy to use this app to create photos for posts or professional profile pictures for social media platforms.
- It provides you with a wide range of filters along with 25+ themed borders packs for creating customized social media posts or profile pictures.
- It’s has both free as well as paid versions available. For using the Premium version of it the charge is $4.99/month.
- It is available for both iOS and Android users.
Visage Lab – Face Retouch
- Visage Lab is an app or a so-called laboratory used for editing facial photos by the professional.
- It automatically removes the wrinkles and pimples, whitens the teeth, removes dark circles present under the eyes, and so on, in just a few clicks.
- Some of the features provided by this app are:
- Complete face retouching automatically
- Skin smoothing along with the removal of the face shine, wrinkles, and imperfections.
- Complete eye makeup with eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, eyelashes, and kajal.
- Remove red-eye of the face.
- Whitening of teeth.
- Color correction and color enhancement feature.
- It also provides you with 40+ amazing artistic effects.
- If there is more than one face in the image then it will edit all the faces together.
- And at last, it also offers a way of saving and sharing the edited photos.
- This app also comes with some interesting backgrounds and color features for providing more stunning images.
- It is available for both Android and iOS device users.
- Snapseed is one of the best photos enhancement app owned by Google, was initially produced by Nik Software.
- This app enables iOS and Android users to add filters and enhance the quality of the images for creating professional profile pictures for Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media platforms.
- It is a collection of all the classic adjustment tools such as cropping, straightening, tuning along with one of the best sharpening tools out there in the market.
- The “Selective Adjust” tool of this app makes it unique and separates it from any other app because with the help of this tool you can select an area of the photo and adjust the contrast, brightness, and saturation of that single area to make it highlighted.
- If you want to highlight any part of the image then the Selective Adjust tool of the Snapseed app will be proved helpful to you in doing so.
- Google the maker of this app has also created a support webpage for getting any help regarding this app.
- This app is available for both Android as well as iOS device users.
- Befunky is an amazing and fun-to-use photo editing app that allows you to create photos with as many effects as you can.
- This app is the only one in the world consists of such a huge collection of effects some of which are not available anywhere else.
- Photo Editor By Befunky app is the only one in which doesn’t require you to register before using it creating any professional profile pictures or any images.
- There will be no watermark on the images edited using Befunky, no ADs will come in the middle of editing the images, and also it will not force you to share the recreated images.
- This app is consists of several photo editing tools, a large number of fonts, wonderful collage makers along with mind-blowing photo frames, stickers, and overlays.
- It allows you to add any number of photos from different locations including Facebook while editing them.
- It is available for both Android and iOS users along with its online presence through its webpage.
Tips for Creating Professional Profile Pictures Using the Above Mentioned Apps
As of now, we have seen different apps for creating professional profile pictures for Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media platform. Now the time has come to know about some tips that will help you in creating professional profile pictures.
Creating Professional Profile Pictures For Facebook
While creating professional profile pictures for Facebook keep the below-mentioned points in mind.
Since Facebook is a social media platform that provides a set of services, tools, and products offered by any other third party platform, so creating professional profile pictures for Facebook accounts is not very crucial.
Still, there are some points to keep in mind while creating a profile picture:
- Try to look approachable, helpful, and attractive in the image by having a smile on your face.
- Try to avoid wearing hats, sunglasses, laughing smile, shadows over the eyes.
- Try to avoid distracting or brighter color background. Instead, use lighter background-color such as orange, etc.
- Prefer to wear Dark-colored suits and light-colored button-downs in the profile picture.
Creating Professional Profile Pictures For Instagram
While creating professional profile pictures for Instagram keep the below-mentioned points in mind.
- Since Instagram is a complete visual-based social media platform, so having a professional profile pictures for Instagram is not very important.
- But having a profile image with better visibility is very significant as the profile pictures of Instagram accounts are not clickable.
- For better visibility select an image in which your face and shoulders have occupied 60% of the image.
- Select a profile pic in which you are smiling and dressed well.
- Try to look elegant, approachable, and helpful in your profile picture.
Creating Professional Profile Pictures for Linkedin
While creating professional profile pictures for Linkedin profile keep the below-mentioned points in mind.
- Don’t take selfies because Linkedin is a social media platform developed for professionals and companies, so it is very important that your profile picture must match with the professionalism of the Linkedin platform.
- Avoid using filters on your Linkedin profile picture.
- Don’t use a cropped image from a group photo because it will not only degrade the picture quality of the image but also shows your lack of responsibility toward professionalism.
- Avoid using profile pictures with the distracting background because it may drag the attention of the viewer away from your photo and maybe forced them to concentrate on the unnecessary things.
- A profile picture with a smiling face and smart clothes will do the rest for you.
Creating Professional Profile Pictures For Twitter
While creating professional profile pictures for Twitter keep the below-mentioned points in mind.
- Since Twitter is a social media platform for marketers, so selecting a better dimension for your Twitter profile image is very important for making it clearly visible to the marketer.
- It can be of dimension 500 x 500 pixels, 73 x 73 pixels, 48 x 48 pixels, 31 x 31 pixels.
- The image used for the profile picture must be of good quality.
- Take a square size image as Twitter will tell you to take an image of square size.
- Optimize the header image of your Twitter account also because it is visible directly in your profile picture. The size of the header image can be 1252 x 626 pixels.
Having professional profile pictures on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, etc is very significant because it defines your personal as well as professional life and behavior.
Professional profile pictures play a critical role in getting jobs while you are going through an online recruitment process because employers spend 19% of their time in reviewing online profiles of the candidates.
Some of the apps that are used for creating professional profile pictures are:
- Profile Picture Maker For Instagram
- Square Shape Snap Pic
- Visage Lab – Face Retouch
Some of the points you need to keep in mind while creating professional profile pictures for different platforms are:
- While creating professional profile pictures for Facebook, select a photo in which you look approachable and attractive, and avoid wearing sunglasses, hats, or any face covering things.
- While creating professional profile pictures for Instagram, select a photo in which you are smiling and well-dressed, and has an elegant look.
- While creating professional profile pictures for Linkedin, don’t take a selfie image, avoid using filters and distracting backgrounds, but you must have a smiling face and smart clothes.
- While creating professional profile pictures for Twitter, select a correct dimension, better quality, and square size image, and also use an optimized header image as it is directly displayed in your profile pictures.
If you want to read such articles more, please visit our site SocialMirror.
And if you have any queries regarding the contents I’have shared above, feel free to ask me in the comment section below!